When: Monday 18th May 2020, 7:30 pm ACST (Adelaide time). You’ll be able to ‘check in’ from 7:20pm.
Where: Online webinar using ‘Zoom’ (relocated due to COVID-19). If you haven’t used Zoom before use this link to test your setup. You will need to get a ticket using the link below.
- You will receive the necessary web link for the webinar from the ticketing system.
- We have a capacity of 500 people.
- We have incurred some additional costs in hosting the webinars. You will see a large number of free tickets available and a smaller number of paid tickets should you wish to help us to meet the webinar costs.
- Renew depends on the generosity of our community to continue its valuable work. We would welcome your donation here: renew.org.au/donate or via the additional donation option when choosing your ticket.
- Click HERE to get a ticket for the webinar.
David has owned three EVs and will describe his experiences which began with a second hand Nissan LEAF. He’s done a few long trips including Darwin to Adelaide to Sydney to Cradle Mountain and will explain why range anxiety has never been a concern. He will tell his story and of his experiences as an EV owner. He purchased a Nissan LEAF in 2015 as a spare car and shopping runabout. He didn’t think for a minute that it would became the only car he and his wife would use for the next 4 years. They actually never used their late model petrol cars again. His story has convinced others to go all electric and he loves busting myths and tackling common questions. He will touch on the subjects of selecting a car to match your lifestyle, ownership, servicing (or lack of it), long distance travel and why you probably don’t need a fast charger at home.
Bryce will give an overview of useful terminology and EV technology and will then cover what’s currently available in the EV market, those planned in the near future and will compare their features.
Bryce Gaton is editor of the AEVA newsletter and a writer for RenewEconomy and The Driven specialising in electric vehicles. He is also a regular contributor to our Renew magazine and you can find his fact sheets on available EVs here.
Alan Strickland, Convenor