When: Wednesday 24th June 2020, 7:00 pm AEST (Sydney time). You’ll be able to ‘check in’ from 6:50pm.
Where: Online webinar using ‘Zoom’ (relocated due to COVID-19). If you haven’t used Zoom before use this link to test your setup. You will need to get a ticket using the link below.
- You will receive the necessary web link for the webinar from the ticketing system.
- We have a capacity of 1000 people.
- We have incurred some additional costs in hosting the webinars. You will see a large number of free tickets available and a smaller number of paid tickets should you wish to help us to meet the webinar costs.
- Renew depends on the generosity of our community to continue its valuable work. We would welcome your donation here: renew.org.au/donate or via the additional donation option when choosing your ticket.
- Click HERE to get a ticket for the webinar.
Presentation: With the sequential events of the Summer Bushfire crisis and the COVID-19 pandemic, the fundamental importance of Planetary and Human health has been brought to forefront. These events have highlighted the need for increased Sustainability and Health & Wellbeing measures within our Built Environment, on both a large scale in our precincts and shopping centres, and on a personal level within our homes.
Sophie Hutchinson is a passionate Sustainability Consultant, and as one of eleven WELL Faculty members in Australia, she is committed to bringing together human-centred design together with environmental sustainability best practice. She is a BREEAM assessor and LEED Green Associate, and an Accredited Professional in both Green Star and the WELL Building Standard.
As a Regenerative Practitioner and an advocate for the Living Building Challenge, she is invested in delivering projects that are socially just, culturally rich and ecologically restorative.
As the Director of Sustainability at ADP Consulting, Sophie brings an experienced perspective to advise on sustainable building outcomes. Sophie recently assisted ADP in delivering the Mechanical, Electrical and Fire design of Burwood Brickworks, which is the only Living Building Challenge Retail project in the world.
Please join us to hear Sophie discuss how we can design for a Healthy Built Environment through exploring the connection between Planetary and Human Health.
You can view the video of this presentation here.
Zak Nicholson, Co-Convenor
Renew Illawarra Branch