Please note that we are experiencing a high volume of enquiries for advice at this time. We are currently booked up until the end of September 2022. Please check back then to book one of our energy advisory consultations.
Energy Consult FAQ
What is an energy consult?
If you have detailed questions about sustainability in your home, Renew’s independent experts can help you make the right choices specific to your home or business through an Energy Consultation. Our experts can provide detailed, one-on-one technical and economic advice.
Consultations involve one hour of Renew time to investigate and advise on your specific energy management needs.
How are energy consults conducted?
- The consult process starts with you completing the Consult Enquiry form below
- One of our consultants will get back to you to confirm the scope of your consult request
- If we are able to help you, we will send you a link to make payment online
- Once payment is made, we will send you a survey to complete. You will need to provide details about what you wish to address in your consultation and have the option to attach any supporting documentation ie. electricity or gas bills, house plans etc.
- Once you have completed the survey, your energy consultant will schedule a time for your consult with you via email. They may also request further information, data or detail about your chosen consult topic/s. Note that it can take up to two weeks for a consultant to get in touch to schedule your consultation.
- Consultations are typically conducted via Zoom, however can also be done via phone, Skype or in-person at our Melbourne office.
What do our energy consults cover?
Our consults provide detailed advice application to your situation, based on the information you provide in our pre-consultation survey.
We are able to provide advice on the following topics:
- Solar and solar/battery systems for houses (grid-connected or off-grid)
- Heating, cooling, hot water, and cooking appliances or systems
- Rebates for solar, batteries, major appliances
- Finding installers or comparing quotes for solar, batteries, major appliances
- Insulation (ceiling, wall, floor) and draughtproofing
- Windows – glazing, secondary glazing, shading, etc.
- Appliance choice generally (energy star ratings, how to choose the best appliance)
- Standby energy consumption
- Energy efficiency issues generally
- Understanding energy tariffs and how to choose an energy supplier
- Fuel choice: gas vs electricity
Areas that our consults can’t cover include:
- Geothermal heating, or water or sewerage appliances or issues
- Brand/model/supplier recommendations for windows, equipment, or appliances – we aren’t a buying service
- Specialist PassivHaus advice or house design advice
How much do Energy Consults cost?
Costs for a one-hour consultation are:
- $199 for members
- $275 for non-members
I want to book a new energy consult. How should I do that?
Please note that we are experiencing a high volume of enquiries for advice at this time. We are currently booked up until the end of July 2022. Please check back then to book one of our energy advisory consultations.
I want to make an enquiry about a consult that is in progress.
If you are enquiring about a consultation that is in progress, please reply to your consultant or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your enquiry.
Note that it can take up to two weeks for a consultant to get in touch to schedule your consultation.
If you do not receive or have trouble accessing a relevant link in the consult process, please get in touch with our office on (03) 9639 1500 or email@example.com.