Join our team: Events & Marketing Coordinator
Renew is looking for an experienced Event & Marketing Coordinator to plan, promote and deliver Renew’s flagship annual event, Sustainable House Day in March/April 2024 & other events held throughout the year. Working within the Communications Team, this role will be responsible for planning and marketing both online events as well as reintroducing in-person elements of the Sustainable House Day program, including open home tours around the country. The role will also ensure that Sustainable House Day is effectively promoted and ensure that all sponsorship deliverables are met.
- Development and delivery of Sustainable House Day 2024, including a program of online events as well as in-person open home events around the country;
- Stakeholder engagement with sponsors, partners, local councils, community groups, and volunteers;
- Stakeholder engagement with participating homeowners;
- Work collaboratively with the Sponsorship Manager to guide arrangements with event sponsors and ensure deliverables are met;
- Work collaboratively with the Communications Team to ensure that Sustainable House Day is promoted widely and gains national media attention;
- Work collaboratively with the Communications Team to ensure that event production is carried out to a high standard;
- Supervise casuals in the delivery of online events.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Relevant diploma or degree qualifications combined with 1-2 years’ experience and sound discipline knowledge gained through experience, training or education.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating and marketing large-scale events both in-person and online.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of stakeholders including community groups, local councils, and volunteers.
- Excellent organisational, communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Demonstrated experience in online programs including WordPress, Mailchimp and social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
- Demonstrated competency in written and verbal communication skills.
- Design and layout experience, with competencies in the Adobe Suite.
- A positive, solutions focused attitude, with attention to detail and ability to meet tight and multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and within a small team, demonstrating resourcefulness and managing competing priorities.
All applications must contain a cover letter, no more than 2 pages, addressing the Key Selection Criteria, and why you would like to join the Renew Team plus a current resume.
Late applications will not be accepted.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Communications Manager Jacqui Hagen – firstname.lastname@example.org.