When: Monday February 18th 2019 at 7.30pm
Where: Goodwood Community Centre (Banquet Hall), 32 Rosa St, Goodwood SA convenient to the tram, buses and train. Enter the car park via Florence St.
Entry fee: Renew members $2. Non-members $5. Tea, coffee and biscuits provided.
Presenters: Paul Hendy, architect at TS4 Living, Cathryn Hamilton, energy-efficient home owner-builder, and Ruth Nordstrom, studio manager at Sustainability House
This exciting meeting of Renew’s Adelaide Branch will consist of short presentations covering the following:
- Planning your new build. Deciding your needs and selecting a site
- Renovating or extending an existing house: What do you have? How does it perform? What modifications are possible? What’s worth doing?
- When to engage a designer and what to look for
- What’s so special about building an energy efficient house and how do you select a builder?
- Working with the builder and managing the contract
- Evaluating performance: design assessment, auditing and testing
- Incorporating ongoing monitoring into the build.
The presentations will set the scene for an extensive Q&A session. Please publicise this event to your networks.
Annual Meeting and election of officers
The election of convenor, treasurer and committee for 2019 will be held and nominations for all positions are invited.
FLIR IR camera
As the hot weather continues it’s still a good time to check the insulation in your walls and ceiling using the Adelaide branch FLIR infrared camera.
For hire details see: https://renew.org.au/branches/flir/
Solar panels for sale (2kW): Fundraising effort for our International Projects Group work in Timor Leste. Details available on our branch website here.
Next meeting: There will be no meeting in March or April and our next will be on 20th May 2019.
Alan Strickland, convenor
Renew Adelaide Branch