A gift to Renew’s Climate Resilient Homes goes directly to catalysing systematic change to improve the housing of all Australians, reduce our carbon emissions and ensure our homes can cope with a changing climate.
Some of our early wins include:
- Renew in collaboration with ACOSS coordinated more than 65 community, environment, industry and local government groups to sign a joint statement urging Energy Ministers to commit to higher energy performance standards for all Australian homes
- The COAG Energy Ministers passed and approved the recommendations in the Trajectory for Low Energy Homes to increase the energy efficiency of new homes.
- Based on the COAG Energy Ministers recommendation the Building Ministers Forum made directions to the Australian Building Codes Board to investigate implementation of the trajectory into the National Construction Code.
- Renew has been asked to be the consumer representative on the residential working group for the National Construction Code 2012 Energy Efficiency Project – the first time there has been consumer representation in the development of the code.
- The COAG Energy Ministers passed the Trajectory for Low Energy Existing Buildings integrating many of our suggestions to implement measures to substantially improve the energy efficiency of millions of existing homes.
Click here for more information on our advocacy for Climate Resilient Homes.
Next steps are in place for both new and existing homes, but we need support from people like you, who understand how important it is to make our homes healthier and safer, more equitable and resilient to a changing climate.
Please make a tax-deductible donation today for the future that all Australians deserve.
All donations over $2 to Renew are fully tax-deductible and a receipt will be provided. Thank you for your generous support.