A gift to Renew’s Climate Resilient Homes goes directly to catalysing systematic change to improve the housing of all Australians, reduce our carbon emissions and ensure our homes can cope with a changing climate.
Some of our early wins include:
- The COAG Energy Ministers passed a circular resolution to approve the recommendations in the Trajectory for Low Energy Homes.
- Renew in collaboration with ACOSS coordinated more than 50 other community, environment, industry and local government groups to sign a joint statement urging Energy Ministers to commit to higher energy performance standards for all Australian homes.
- Our advocacy efforts in representing consumers is highlighted in the Trajectory for Low Energy Homes report.
- Based on the COAG Energy Ministers recommendation the Building Ministers Forum made directions to the Australian Building Codes Board to investigate implementation of the trajectory into the National Construction Code.
- The COAG Energy Ministers have also committed to a 12-month process to look into how we can improve the performance of existing homes. This was one of our major asks.
Next steps are in place for both new and existing homes, but we need support from people like you, who understand how important it is to make our homes healthier and safer, more equitable and resilient to a changing climate.
Please make a tax-deductible donation today for the future that all Australians deserve.
All donations over $2 to Renew are fully tax-deductible and a receipt will be provided. Thank you for your generous support.