A gift to support Renew’s Climate Resilient Homes campaign goes directly to catalysing systematic change to improve the housing of all Australians, reduce our carbon emissions and ensure our homes can cope with a changing climate.
Since launching our Climate Resilient Homes campaign, Renew has built and is leading a national coalition working to improve the energy performance of Australian homes.
Some of our early wins include:
- Securing COAG agreement to lift minimum energy standards for new homes – setting Australia on track for 7 star rated new homes
- Worked with our partners to build a national coalition of over 65 organisations advocating for better home energy performance
- Secured a place on the National Construction Code energy efficiency working group, bringing a dedicated consumer voice to the process for the first time
- Advocated to state governments for minimum energy standards for renters
- Delivered improvements to the COAG Trajectory for Low Energy Existing Buildings plan that will substantially improve the energy efficiency of millions of existing homes
Click here for more information on our advocacy for Climate Resilient Homes.
The next steps are in place for both new and existing homes, but we need support from people like you, who understand how important it is to make our homes healthier and safer, more equitable and resilient to a changing climate.
Please make a tax-deductible donation today for the future that all Australians deserve.
All donations over $2 to Renew are fully tax-deductible and a receipt will be provided. Thank you for your generous support.