Renew job opening: Membership and Philanthropy Manager
Join Renew in an exciting senior role, leading strategy and implementation for member stewardship and philanthropy.
- Develop and implement Renew’s strategy for stakeholder management
- Join an ambitious, growing organisation leading sustainability across Australia
- Fixed term, full time role located in Melbourne
Renew (Alternative Technology Association trading as Renew Australia) is a not-for-profit member-based association that inspires, enables and advocates for people to live sustainably in their homes and communities. Established in 1980, Renew provides expert, independent advice on sustainable solutions for the home to households, government and industry.
We have helped thousands of households reduce their environmental footprint and save money with information on energy efficiency, solar power, rainwater tanks, materials reuse and waste management.
Renew engages with more than 250,000 people each year around Australia and beyond. We work with more than 11,000 members throughout Australia, including a network of 15 active branches. Our community of climate change action includes: users of our online information and calculators, people contacting our advice service, our research and advocacy partners, readers of our two market-leading sustainability magazines Renew and Sanctuary, participants at our regular Speed Date a Sustainability Expert events, Electric Vehicle Expo and our annual national flagship event, Sustainable House Day.
Renew advocates in government and industry arenas for easy access to sustainable solutions as well as continual improvement of the technology, information and products needed to change the way we live.
Renew also provides consultancy services based on our technical expertise in energy, water and communications.
Renew is a dynamic organisation in an increasingly high profile and rewarding field.
- Develop, implement and continually improve a wholistic philanthropy strategy for Renew, across all audience segments [individuals, corporates, philanthropic sector] and managing the full donor life cycle.
- Develop systems for identifying prospective supporters [individuals, corporates, trusts and foundations], prospect research and record management, and cyclical communication and engagement.
- Create digital asset library of Renew projects, funding needs, success stories and core components for funding submissions and ensure currency is maintained.
- Develop annual calendar of key funding opportunities, and manage cyclical work flow to ensure timely high-quality proposals from Renew are submitted to appropriate funders. Ensure timely and professional progress and acquittal reporting.
- Develop and nurture relationships with supporters and prospects, inspiring deeper engagement and giving
- Provide professional support to enable the CEO, Board members and external advocates to engage with supporters and make asks
- Develop a structured approach for Renew member acquisition, retention and growth, meeting recruitment and retention targets by developing suitable campaigns and ensuring effective stewardship.
- Ensure accurate membership record keeping.
- Engage with members through the branch network on a regional or subject basis and ensure volunteer interest and energy is supported and harnessed for strategic benefit.
- Use data analytics to profile membership, highlight trends and develop campaigns to drive change and growth.
- Work closely with the Communications and Events teams to develop targeted, segmented member communications and programs
- Resource management
- Line management responsibility for Membership and Administration team (2 FTE).
- Internal ‘owner’ of Renew’s customer relationship management activities, with special responsibility for ensuring CRM system is used effectively.
- Member of the Senior Management Team, with demonstrated commitment to organisation-wide goals and values.
- Contributes to leadership of the organisation including business planning, strategic development, cross-functional team leadership and presenting/reporting to the Board.
- Ensure effective oversight of the CRM database, to ensure integrity of data and functional fitness-for-purpose for all mission critical processes including membership processing, and timely donation receipting and acknowledgment.
- Other duties as directed.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Relevant qualifications in marketing, fundraising, business development or related discipline and several years’ relevant experience, including in program and people management.
- Ability to build authentic relationships with diverse stakeholders and translate relationships into practical, financial support. Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising.
- A confident, effective manager and leader, and independent self-starter willing to “roll up the sleeves” and extend beyond formal responsibilities as required to achieve agreed outcomes.
- Understanding of not-for-profit sector, membership organisations, and ability to thrive in a fluid environment of a well-established NFP organisation in transition to a more entrepreneurial culture.
- Strong and broadly based professional competencies, including in research and analysis, collection and use of data, financial modelling, commercial acumen, communication skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and CRM systems, and interpersonal and people management skills.
- Demonstrated alignment with the values and practice of sustainable living.
For enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Membership and Philanthropy Manager enquiry.