Renew job opening: Events Manager
Renew’s Events Manager is responsible for organising Renew events including Speed Date a Sustainability Expert (SDSE), Sustainable House Day (SHD) and Renew’s presence at shows, fairs and other regular ad-hoc events. This role is Melbourne-based, part-time (3 days/week) and involves working at events which often occur on weekends.
Working within the communications team the Events Manager will work closely with the Marketing Manager to help conduct and promote the events.
Primary responsibilities include:
Speed Date a Sustainability Expert
• Source and recruit experts for SDSE events
• Update content on SDSE website and co-ordinate attendee bookings
• Communication with attendees, experts and partners
• Oversee event logistics including signage and catering
• Develop post event survey and report
Sustainable House Day
• Source, and co-ordinate potential houses for SHD and homeowner liaison
• Recruit and liaise with local community groups
• Recruit, train and manage volunteers
• Develop content for the SHD website, eBulletin and social media
• Assist Marketing Manager in sponsorship opportunities
• Update website and liaise with web developer
• Conduct post-event evaluation and develop post event report
• Development and tracking of event project plans and budgets
• Co-ordinate staff and volunteers for Renew’s presence at shows
• Staff Renew stall at shows
• Other duties, as directed.
Required skills and qualifications
• Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing events
• Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and in-person
• Excellent project management skills including planning, budgeting, reporting, personnel and time management
• High level computer literacy
• Experience with social media platforms including eNewsletters, twitter, facebook, Instagram
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, in a consultative and inclusive manner
• Preferable: knowledge of sustainable building design, technologies and other sustainability solutions.
Please send through a cover letter and CV addressing the required skills and qualifications.
Applications close: Monday, 9th December, 2019, 5pm
Send enquiries and applications to:
Email: email@example.com ph: 03 9631 5405