When: Monday 6th July 2020, 7:00 pm AEST (Hobart time). You’ll be able to ‘check in’ from 6:50pm.
Where: Online webinar using ‘Zoom’ (relocated due to COVID-19). If you haven’t used Zoom before use this link to test your setup. You will need to get a ticket using the link below.
- You will receive the necessary web link for the webinar from the ticketing system.
- We have a capacity of 1000 people.
- We have incurred some additional costs in hosting the webinars. You will see a large number of free tickets available and a smaller number of paid tickets should you wish to help us to meet the webinar costs.
- Renew depends on the generosity of our community to continue its valuable work. We would welcome your donation here: renew.org.au/donate or via the additional donation option when choosing your ticket.
- Click HERE to get a ticket for the webinar.
Presentation: This webinar be an overview of Passive House construction using CLT prefabricated construction. The case study is a house in Ridgeway which, when certified, will be the first certified Passive House in Tasmania. It’s already achieved the highest level of air tightness in the State and among a few in the country reaching this level. Builder is Justin O’Connor. Details will be presented including a video walk-through discussing details, videos of the blower door test, drawings showing the details and discuss some of the PHPP modelling data and how this relates to the ABSA system, a comparison between different methods of certification and pros & cons. Stuart will also present the CLT design process, considerations for designers and consumers.
Speaker: Stuart Hall is the founder and director at Stuart McKenzie Hall with 24 years experience as both a Registered Architect and construction manager / builder with a range of experience in the commercial and residential sectors. Stuart McKenzie Hall is an architecture & construction business, operating since 2002, specializing in sustainable design, energy efficiency and healthy building considerations for the commercial, multi-residential and residential sector. They are located in Hobart and have extensive construction experience in super-insulated commercial and residential building giving a uniquely practical edge to their design work. Informed by the discipline of design for fabrication and digital fabrication technology this cutting edge business provides homes certified (ABSA) above 9.2 Stars. They specialize in prefabricated bespoke buildings using CLT and component based prefabrication, integrating the latest in robotic fabrication and have designed a number of buildings to the strict Passive House Standard.
You can view the video of this presentation here.
If you would like to email us then please select ‘Contact us’ from our Branch page here.