Join our team: CEO
Renew has been inspiring, enabling and advocating for people to live sustainably in their homes and communities since 1980. We provide expert, independent advice on sustainable solutions for the home to households, government, and industry.
We are now looking to appoint a collaborative leader as CEO to support a healthy culture and reach strategic goals. We are seeking a candidate who is a respected (or emerging) leader within the sustainability sector, has demonstrated capacity leading an organisation, including management & business planning experience in the non-profit sector and can drive operational performance in line with Renew’s strategic plan. The incumbent will have experience liaising with governments and non-government agencies and other stakeholders with demonstrated ability to source, develop and access funding in the not-for-profit sector.
Reporting to the President and the Board you will be responsible overall for the performance of the organisation. Working closely with the Renew Board, you will leverage your external relationships and business development expertise to develop high-quality growth strategies to retain and build our membership base and expand work with our partners and funding bodies to support our work across research and advocacy contexts.
Leading a team of experienced senior managers, practitioners, team members, branch convenors and volunteers – you will be responsible for facilitating the strategic direction and vision for long-term success of Renew. Importantly, your day-to-day collaborative leadership style will support a healthy culture within the organisation.
We’re seeking someone with a committed focus on ensuring the ongoing viability of Renew financially, socially, and environmentally – who values continuous improvement and enjoys creative problem solving and sensitive conflict resolution.
To achieve success, you will establish a clear focus on mid to long term growth opportunities by creating and maintaining and building on effective relationships with partner organisations who share our commitment to sustainable solutions for communities and households, major funding bodies, key government departments and other major stakeholders.
The CEO will work very closely with the Renew Board, especially its President, to drive operational performance toward Renew’s strategic plan and objectives. You will represent Renew within and outside our industry, seeking new partnerships and be an inspiring and respected leader inside Renew.
Specific duties and responsibilities in this role include:
- With the support of the Director Operations and Finance manage/oversee all day-to-day business operations of Renew including, project management, financial management, internal/external reporting, staff development and management (including the administration of employment contracts and statutory employment requirements such as OH&S, equal opportunity etc. and negotiation of Employee Bargaining Agreements).
- Coordinate the successful implementation of Renew’s strategic plan (including policy development, business development, fundraising, communications, HR and resource allocation).
- Develop and maintain relationships with the Board, donors, members, branch convenors, local and state government representatives, corporates, media and NGOs, to generate income and drive change.
- Be the spokesperson for Renew in media and public forums on a range of issues.
- Ensure all corporate governance issues are pro-actively managed.
- Establish, review, and oversee the implementation of policies and procedures that ensure Renew complies with all legal and regulatory requirements with respect to administrative and financial matters, and
- Advise and keep the Board informed on all financial, governance, HR, performance, risk and other related matters, and attend/participate in appropriate board and subcommittee meetings as required.
- Above all, cultivate a healthy culture within the organisation that has a committed focus on ensuring the ongoing viability of Renew financially, socially, and environmentally.
- Encourage feedback from members and staff, in order to identify opportunities for change and efficiencies, which will better support our purpose, mission, and strategic goals.
For a full position description click here.
All applications must contain a cover letter, addressing the Key Selection Criteria, a current resume & be sent via SEEK or Ethical Jobs.
Applications close 11.59am Friday November 10th, 2023.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Any questions about the role and responsibilities, please contact Renew’s Executive Director Chris Sedgman at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: CEO enquiry.