Melbourne Electric Vehicle Branch
Wrap-up of the Melbourne EV Branch
After many successful years of operation the Melbourne EV Branch is finishing up. There was insufficient local member support to reform the branch committee at the recent branch annual meeting so the branch will be in ‘indefinite recess’. This branch ran monthly meetings and started the Melbourne EV Expo in 2012 and successfully ran them for many years.
- You can view video from many of these meetings and also speakers from the EV Expos here.
- If you’re in Melbourne and after an EV group to attend then the AEVA meets on the 2nd Wednesday of each in Glen Waverley.
- Renew is currently planning to partner with the AEVA to deliver the 2020 EV Expo in Melbourne.
- We will continue to feature EVs on Sustainable House Day. This year about 1 in 6 of the 252 houses had EVs on display and we’re looking to increase that next year.
- The Geelong EV Branch meets on the 1st Friday of the month. You can find details here.
- The ‘regular’ Renew Melbourne Branch meets on the 3rd Wednesday of the month in Carlton (details in this bulletin). The will occasionally have EV-related topics.
We’d like to recognise the huge effort by all the branch committee members over the years to increase awareness and understanding of EVs in Victoria. Now that we are seeing a wider range of commercial EV offerings we’re confident that the transition to electric transport will accelerate.