2022 Annual General Meeting
Under Clause 11(1) of the Constitution, the Alternative Technology Association Incorporated (trading as Renew Australia) hereby gives notice that the 2022 Annual General Meeting of the members will be held as follows:
- Date: Tuesday 22 November, 2022
- Time: 6:00pm AEDT
- Venue: Online, via Zoom
- Relevant Documents: All relevant documents are available on this page and will be updated in the weeks to come.
- How to Attend: All members intending to participate in the AGM either directly or through a proxy, should register at least 48 hours ahead of the meeting by 6pm AEDT on Sunday 20th November. Please register here if you are going to attend the AGM online. Voting on the night will be through the Opavote platform which will issue the ballot on the night to the email you register with here. Therefore, please ensure that the email you register with here for the AGM is the same email that you use to access the Renew membership portal. This is to ensure your right to vote is confirmed and that the ballot is sent to the correct email address.
- Nominating a proxy: If you are not planning to attend the meeting and would like to nominate a proxy, you must complete the proxy form that can be found here and email that to firstname.lastname@example.org. This must be submitted by 6pm AEDT on Sunday 20th November.
Key Financial Statements
Annual Report 2021/22
Notice of 2022 Annual General Meeting
Renew Constitution Change: Background Information
Proposed Constitution Change
Nominations for the Board
Nominations for the Board have now closed. We have received 5 nominations for the 6 vacant Board positions. Under Clause 22 (6) of the Constitution, this means that an election of candidates is not required and all nominees will be appointed to the Board. The nominees will be introduced to the membership at the AGM.
As notified on the 14th October, under Clause 10 & 11 (1), of the Constitution, the Alternative Technology Association Incorporated (trading as Renew Australia) hereby gives notice that at the AGM to held on 22nd November that an item of Special Business will be added to the agenda for the meeting which is the following resolution:
- That the Alternative Technology Association Incorporated (trading as Renew Australia) adopt a new Constitution titled Alternative Technology Association (Renew Australia) – Constitution 2022 – V4 – 20221108
This is a significant change for the organisation and has been long in the planning. It is a result of statutory requirements as the current constitution is out of date but also it is a change to refresh the foundation of our organisation. You can see a copy of the proposed Constitution here. You can read more background on the proposed changes here.
We circulated the Constitution on the 14th October for feedback from the membership. We did receive some feedback and consequently some minor changes and corrections have been implemented. As a result the version presented here and to be voted on at the meeting is a different version to that circulated on the 14th October – all changes have been highlighted and explained in the supporting document.